Hello kinship caregiver.
Thank you for considering sharing your story with others. Perhaps you have already written your story, or blogged or vlogged. Please share with us.
Consider using these questions below as ideas to trigger thoughts and memories as you write your story. You may want to add more or leave some parts out. That’s okay. If you are comfortable sharing your name and photo, great! If not, that’s okay too.. Just know that your story is important and valuable to others… we are all in this together.
- What is your relationship to the children you are raising? How long have you been raising them? How old were you (and your spouse) when you first started.
- What have you found to be the biggest struggles? Be as specific as you can.
- What have you found to be the biggest rewards? Be as specific as you can.
- If you could make changes to the current “system” what would it be? (try to limit to three suggestions)
- What are your greatest dreams/goals for the child(ren) you are raising? Are you hopeful that will happen?
- What do you wish you had known as you began your journey? If you could offer advice to other kinship care-givers, what would that be?