Applications opened at 8:30 am on Thursday, February 9
The Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) – in partnership with The Asante Centre and Carrier Sekani Family Services – will distribute respite funding to support families with children with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD). This includes children and youth without official diagnoses.
- $3080/year for two years (for a total of 6160).
- Respite funding can be used to purchase services and supports that best meet your family’s needs (respite care providers, overnight/sibling care, summer camps, community programs, recreational activities, groceries, cleaning assistance, etc.). There will be no follow up from partner organizations to verify how grant monies are spent.
- 402 two-year grants are available.
- Successful applicants will be selected by way of a randomized selection process.
Families must meet both of the below eligibility criteria in order to apply:
- Families with children/youth 0-19 years of age
- Application is on behalf of a child with FASD (or a child who is suspected to have FASD)
In order to serve families with the least access to respite, foster parents are not eligible for this funding.
For more details and how to apply, visit: https://www.asantecentre.org/fasd-respite-grant