Update for Fairness for Children Raised by Relatives
as presented by Richel Donaldson Manager, Strategic Child Welfare & Reconciliation Policy of the Ministry of Children and Family Development – at the Aging and Kinship Care Gathering in Kamloops on 10 June 2023
- The Child, Family and Community Service Act and the Adoption Act form the foundation of our service system in BC.
- Changes to legislation are needed to improve services for all children and families.
- Promote prevention and support connection
- Align with the Federal Act and Declaration Act
- Short- and long-term changes to support systemic transformation
Watch the video
Download the PDF
If you prefer to read the presentation, here is the same Powerpoint presentation in PDF format
Child, Family and Community Service Act Reform -Child and Family Service Legislative Reform (gov.bc.ca)
Bill 38 –2022: Indigenous Self-Government in Child and Family Services Amendment Act (leg.bc.ca)
Historic changes to B.C. child-welfare laws lay path to upholding Indigenous jurisdiction | BC Gov News